This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Homemade Brownie Bites are full of ooey gooey chocolate flavor. Every little bite has a perfect brownie edge and a fudgy center thanks to the use of the mini muffin pan. The perfect bite size treat for all those with a sweet tooth!
My love for chocolate is a serious issue. I love it a whole lot and it happens to be one of my coping mechanisms. Like I said, it is a serious issue. These little fudgy and delicious brownie bites are so dang good and chocolaty! Perfect bites of chocolate whenever I need to cope!
When you eat brownies do you jump for the inside or edge pieces? I happen to love the edge pieces. I savor every bite. These mini brownies are like eating a edge piece in every bite! A chewy edge and a fudgy center, what else is there to love in a brownie? Exactly, nothing!
Ingredients for Fudgy Brownie Bites
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- ½ cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Optional, but recommended toppings
- ¼ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, raw or dry roasted-both taste great
How to Make Homemade Brownie Bites in Mini Muffin Pans
Gather all the ingredients and preheat the oven to 400°. The first very important step is to grease the mini muffins pans, and grease them well. This recipe will make 48 brownie bites.
Next step, combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and coffee granules in a large mixing bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
To make the brownie batter, add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until fully incorporated. The brownie batter will be on the thicker side.
Make this recipe even easier, get out that small cookie scoop. Use the cookie scoop to fill the mini muffin cups about two thirds full. Finish off the brownie bites by sprinkling the tops with mini chocolate chips or chopped walnuts.
Time to bake! Bake for 8-10 minutes. I opt for the 8 minutes. It leaves the center fudgy and gooey. To help the brownie bites release from the pan even easier, let the bites cool in the pan for 10 minutes. To cool completely, remove to wire rack or counter.
Now get your chocolate fix and enjoy these homemade brownie bites!
Tips for Baking Fudgy Brownie Bites
- Grease the mini muffin pans thoroughly. To eliminate the brownies from sticking in the pan, the mini muffin pans need to be greased extremely well. Slightly under baking these brownie bites keeps their centers fudgy, which may sometimes cause the bites to be a bit difficult to remove, so grease pans well.
- Use a light colored pan. These brownie bites prefer to be baked in a light mini muffin pan rather than a dark one. I had a lot of trial and error sessions before I figured this out! They are removed with ease in the light pan and the edges turn out better. Dark pans can cause the brownie bites to bake faster and possible burn, which is not the result we are looking for.
- Use the instant coffee! The coffee really enhances the flavor of the chocolate. If you are caffeine sensitive, substitute with decaf instant coffee. It will work the same without the caffeine.
If you love brownies, here are some more brownie recipes you might like to try!
If you try these Homemade Brownie Bites, let me know what you think in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Pin the recipe for later!
Homemade Brownie Bites
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease mini muffins pan very well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and coffee granules.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry and whisk well until thoroughly combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, fill muffin cups ⅔ full.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and walnuts on top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove to wire rack or counter to cool completely.