This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
These easy Sugar Cookie Bars are buttery, soft and topped with the best sweet buttercream frosting! A treat that is a breeze to whip up for any occasion!
My oldest daughter, Bailee, has an obsession with sugar cookies! She is always requesting sugar cookies. As much as I love sugar cookies too, I am not always in the mood to make, roll and cut out dough. Nor am I in the mood to roll 1 inch balls of dough and then roll those balls in more sugar. These bars are a quick fix to all those delicious cookies that take just a smidgen more time. The dough comes together quick, spread it in a pan and let them bake. Then add some decadent and perfect buttercream frosting, and decorate as you please! Best part, Bailee, has given these yummy beauties the 2 thumbs up approval!
How To Make Sugar Cookie Bars
Ingredients for the Bars
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking power
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
Ingredients for the Buttercream Frosting
Instructions to Make the Buttery Soft Bars
Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a 15 x 10 sheet pan with non stick spray.
Next, add the eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
Spread the dough evenly on the greased sheet pan. I've found using my hands works a lot better than a spatula.
Bake the bars for 15-20 minutes just until the edges have started to turn golden brown.
Cool completely before frosting.
Instructions for Perfect Buttercream Frosting
Beat butter until creamy.
Next, add once cup of powdered sugar at a time, beating after each cup.
Now add in the vanilla and milk and beat until its all incorporated.
Lastly, increase the speed and beat frosting for 2-3 minutes until creamy and fluffy.
Frost the cooled bars with the buttercream frosting and add your favorite dye free sprinkles!
Try some of these other dessert bars!
Once you try these Sugar Cookie Bars and absolutely love them, let me know in the comments below. Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing!
Pin the recipe for later!
Sugar Cookie Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a 15 x 10 sheet pan with non stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, and one cup of flour and mix until incorporated.
- Now add the remaining flour one cup at a time, mixing until its all incorporated.
- Using your hands, spread the dough evenly in the greased pan.
- Bake the bars for 15-20 minutes until the edges are just starting to get golden brown.
- Let cool completely.
- Beat the butter until smooth, add the powdered sugar one cup at a time, beating well.
- Add the vanilla and milk, beat together.
- Increase the speed a bit and beat until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
Make the Sugar Cookie Bars
- Frost the cooled bars, decorate with your favorite sprinkles, cut into 24 bars and eat!