This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are packed with just that, peanut butter and chocolate chips! A soft cookie that is so flavorful and the family will ask for over and over!
Who doesn't love a good peanut butter and chocolate treat? Well, in this household it is a favorite duo and is asked for all the time! These cookies will cure that craving you have for that famous combo. They are filled with peanut butter and chocolate chips, and will make your taste buds do a happy dance.
What's in Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Other than the obvious peanut butter and chocolate chips, you will need some more ingredients to make these perfect cookies.
- Salted butter, softened. I almost always use salted butter, you can use unsalted and add an extra ½ teaspoon to the dough.
- Creamy peanut butter. If you want some extra texture and crunch in your cookies, use crunchy. It is so good as well!
- White sugar
- Packed light brown sugar
- Large eggs
- Pure vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Unbleached all purpose flour
- Whole wheat flour
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Do I have to use whole wheat flour?
Here's the deal with whole wheat flour, it's good! Don't be scared to use it. If you don't want to go out and buy any, you can most definitely substitute with all purpose flour and skip the whole wheat. Whole wheat flour gives a slight nutty flavor and is a tad healthier for you. Which means, you don't need to feel guilty when eating an entire pan of cookies, am I right? 😆
How to Make the Perfect Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
First and for most, get all the ingredients gathered along with your stand mixer or hand beater and your other baking tools. When you have everything ready ahead of time, making it goes so much smoother and there is less room for error.
To make the cookie dough, first cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy. Then add in the peanut butter and vanilla and beat until smooth. Next, add the eggs one at a time beating well after each egg.
To bake the cookies, using a medium sized cookie scoop or heaping and rounded tablespoon and place cookie dough 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake the cookies in a 350° preheated oven for 10-12 minutes and until the edges are starting to turn golden brown. Let the cookies cool for 3 minutes on the pan and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
The best and perfect peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are now ready to eat! You're welcome! 😉
Looking for more cookie recipes? Here are some you might like to try!
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Confetti Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Lemon & White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Chocolate Chunk Coconut Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Drop Candy Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
Give these sweet and delicious Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies a try and let me know how much you love them too, in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Pin the recipe for later!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand beater, cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Add baking soda, salt, and flours. Beat on low just until incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a medium sized cookie scoop or heaping rounded tablespoon and place cookie dough 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and until the edges are golden brown. Cool on pan for 3 minutes and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.