This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
These are the best Chocolate Chunk Cookies ever! Crisp edges and chewy centers filled with big chunks of dark chocolate. A perfect sweet treat everyone needs to try!
If you have read any of my other cookie recipes, you will know by now how much in love with cookies I am. I know, you're probably thinking another cookie recipe? Who ever gets tired of cookies? I don't think I could ever get sick of cookies, especially cookies with chocolate! Cookies need to have a food group of their own. They are that special! I love cookies that have a slight crisp edge and chewy center. Those are the best kind of cookies. So that makes these Chocolate Chunk Cookies part of the best cookies ever club!
What You Need to Make the Best Cookies Ever
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10-12 oz bag of dark chocolate chunks, or bars chopped into chunks
Can I substitute the whole wheat flour?
Should I use a bag of chocolate chunks or a bar of dark chocolate?
The choice is yours. Either results in decadent chocolate goodness in these cookies. If you don't want to chop the chocolate, buy a bag of chocolate chunks. If the chocolate bars are on sale, stock up and you can use them for multiple recipes like these cookies, or make a ganache for cake or just eat the chocolate bar like I usually do!
How to Make the Best Chocolate Chunk Cookies Ever
Start by creaming the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. This takes 2-3 minutes and the longer the better. Doing this is creating air in the dough which makes the texture of the cookie perfect!
Next, beat in the vanilla and then add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Once they are completely incorporated, add the flours, baking soda and salt. Mix just until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
Using a medium size scoop or a heaping tablespoon, place cookie dough 2 inches apart on prepared pans. Bake these fabulous cookies for 13-15 minutes. I lean more towards the 13 and 14 minute mark for the perfect cookie. Let the cookies cool for 2 minutes on the pan and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Finally, enjoy these cookies! Eat em warm, dunk em in milk, make ice cream sandwiches with them, or just sit and savor each bite. They truly are one of the best cookies out there!
Here are some more cookies you might like to try!
Try these best ever Chocolate Chunk Cookies and let me know how much you love them in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Pin the recipe for later!
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a couple cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla, followed by the eggs, adding one at a time and beating well after each egg.
- Add both of the flours, baking soda and salt and mix until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Use a medium size cookie scoop or a heaping tablespoon and place cookie dough 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies 13-15 minutes until the edges are just golden brown.
- Let cookies cool on pan for 2 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.