This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Perfect little muffins-that's what these Peanut Butter & Banana Chocolate muffins are! Muffins are a staple in our household. I always have some in the freezer. They are perfect for snacks, a quick on the go breakfast and my kid's love to have them in their school lunches. The kid's love the fun liners on the muffins, and they love the little "baby" muffins as Ava calls them. I like to make mini muffins for school lunches especially, because they fit so much nicer in their lunch box containers.
Peanut Butter & Banana Chocolate Muffins are heavenly. Peanut Butter and banana is a classic combo as well as peanut butter and chocolate, but combine all three and you have a dreamy flavor combination that is like I said-heavenly.
Like coffee or tea? I like them both! Nibble on some of these Peanut Butter & Banana Chocolate muffins with your morning brew, ha- who am I kidding... you won't be able to just nibble. You'll devour these heavenly little "baby" muffins and it is understandable and worth it. Pack these little "babies" up and bring some to work or on your next family picnic. If you're feeling generous or guilty because you know you'll eat the whole batch, bring them to work and share with you co-workers. Sharing is caring!
Additionally to these little "baby" Peanut Butter & Banana Chocolate Muffins tasting dreamy, they are freezer friendly. When I make muffins, I always make at least a double batch so I have plenty for the freezer. It's a great way to keep your freezer stocked, and if you're making them already a double batch is a breeze. Let them cool completely, place in a freezer safe container and use wax or parchment paper in between the layers so they don't stick together. You can also use a freezer safe zip top bag. I prefer a container because it keeps my freezer nice and organized, and the muffins are less likely to get squished when there are 4 other people rummaging through the freezer. I'm going to go eat a few of these right now, and freeze the rest so the whole container don't end up in my mouth! Enjoy!
Peanut Butter & Banana Chocolate Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350. Line or grease muffin pans.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, peanut butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Add baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- Add 1 cup of the whole wheat flour and mix just until combined.
- Add ½ of the bananas and mix.
- Add remaining flour and mix just until combined.
- Add remaining bananas and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips or nuts if using.
- Scoop batter into muffin pans about ¾ full.
- Bake mini muffins for 14-16 minutes and full size muffins for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.