This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
This No Bake Butterscotch Cookies recipe is incredibly delicious with crunchy corn flakes and loads of butterscotch flavor. They literally take minutes to make and only require 6 ingredients! These cookies are going to be everyone's new favorite sweet treat!
Who doesn't love a no bake cookie? They are super simple and very fast to make. These cookies are done in a matter of minutes and just need a little time afterwards to set up. A sweet and crunchy cookie that is perfect for the summer months when it's too hot to turn on the oven.
This post was originally posted on 1/29/2020 and updated on 07/19/2021.
Ingredients for Butterscotch Cookies
- Butterscotch Chips
- Peanut Butter
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Plain Corn Flakes
- Mini Marshmallows
- Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Butterscotch Chips: This recipe is for butterscotch cookies, however if you want you can substitute semi-sweet, milk or dark chocolate chips. You could also do a mixture of butterscotch and chocolate for a more traditional scotcharoo flavor.
- Peanut Butter: I use creamy in the recipe. If you want a little extra crunch in the cookie you can use crunchy peanut butter. Almond butter, cashew butter or a seed butter can be substituted as well.
- Corn Flakes: Plain corn flakes is the base of these cookies. If you would like to use something else you could use chow mein noodles or a corn, rice or wheat squares cereal like Chex.
- Mini Marshmallows: The marshmallows give a nice extra texture in the cookies. If needed you can leave the marshmallows out or and in peanuts, cashews or an extra cup of corn flakes.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: Mini chips works best for this recipe because they are small and adhere well.
How to Make No Bake Butterscotch Cookies
- Lightly crush the corn flakes with your hands, measure them and then add them to a large mixing bowl with the mini marshmallows.
- Melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter together over medium-low heat or in a microwave safe bowl using 30 second intervals and stirring well between each interval.
- Once melted, remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour the sauce over the corn flakes and marshmallows.
- Gently and quickly fold together all ingredients until everything is well coated.
- Using two spoons drop cookies by heaping tablespoonfuls on a wax or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle the top of cookies with mini chips and gently pat them down to adhere to the cookies.
- Let the cookies sit until firm and set, or chill for 15 minutes (if you can wait that long)!
Tips for Making No Bake Cornflake Cookies
- Prep the baking sheet and ingredients before melting butterscotch and peanut butter. This will help get the cookies scooped right away after mixing so the sauce won't set before all the cookies are scooped.
- Stir the butterscotch chips and peanut butter often while melting to prevent any scorching.
- Fold the sauce into the corn flakes and marshmallows quickly but gently. You don't want the corn flakes to become crumbs but the sauce sets pretty fast to work quickly.
- Add the mini chocolate chips immediately after scooping cookies on sheet pan so they can adhere to the tops and not fall right off.
How to Store Butterscotch Cookies
These cookies can be stored in an air tight container on the counter or in the fridge. If it is hot or humid in your house, then I recommend keeping them in the fridge to stay firm.
More Sweet Treats:
- Scotcharoo Popcorn
- Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Butterscotch Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
No Bake Butterscotch Cookies
- Line a sheet pan with parchment or wax paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the corn flakes and marshmallows.
- In a sauce pot, melt together butterscotch chips and peanut butter over medium-low heat until smooth, stirring very often.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour the melted sauce over the corn flakes and marshmallows.
- Gently and quickly fold all the ingredients together until everything is evenly coated.
- Using two spoons drop by heaping tablespoonfuls on baking sheets.
- Immediately sprinkle cookies with mini chocolate chips and gently pat them so they adhere to the cookies.
- Let sit on counter until completely set and firm, or chill for 15 minutes.