This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Fresh Cranberry Pumpkin Bread is an easy quick bread bursting with fall flavors. This bread recipe is simple to whip up, perfect for breakfast, brunch or afternoon snack, and will have your family begging for more!
It is no secret that I love baking, and that baking muffins and breads is one of my favorites. So I have yet created another bread recipe. This is a spin off of my Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe. I amped up the fall flavors to make the bread more luxurious for the holidays, however, you do not need to only make this for the holidays. This bread is good all the time, any day of the week, and any time of the year!
What is Needed to Make Fresh Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
- Canola Oil
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Puree
- Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- Whole Wheat Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
Pumpkin Puree vs. Pumpkin Pie Mix
Pureed Pumpkin is pure pumpkin with no added ingredients whereas Pumpkin Pie Mix is already blended with a sweetener and spices.
Which is better to use for this bread recipe, fresh or frozen cranberries?
Either one works well in this recipe. I prefer to use fresh cranberries, however, there are times fresh cranberries aren't available in the grocery store so frozen works great. Or if you have some fresh cranberries that you have froze, use those too.
Can I use dried cranberries in this cranberry pumpkin bread recipe?
If you are in a pinch, you can absolutely use dried cranberries.
How to Make Pumpkin Bread with Fresh Cranberries
Step 1: Make the Batter
In a stand mixer or a large bowl with a whisk, combine oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla and pumpkin puree. Whisk together until smooth. Add in the flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg and whisk or mix just until it is all combined.
Step 2: Layer the Batter
In two lined and greased 9x5 bread pans, evenly spread half of the batter among the two pans. Then sprinkle a half cup of cranberries in each pan and push them down into the batter. Next, add the remaining batter evenly between the two pans, followed by the remaining cranberries. Again push the cranberries down a bit into the batter. Sprinkle the tops with the pepitas.
Step 3: Bake the Bread
Bake the bread in a 350° oven for 55-65 minutes until a toothpick or cake tester, comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the bread loaf. Let bread cool in pans for 15 minutes before removing to cool completely.
Step 4: Slice and Serve
How to Store Fresh Cranberry Pumpkin Bread?
Wrap the cooled bread in plastic wrap and keep on counter or in bread box. Bread will last 3-4 days on counter. You can also store the bread in an air tight container on the counter as well. The pumpkin bread can be stored in the fridge to extend it’s life a few more days, however, I feel the bread gets dried out in the fridge.
Can Pumpkin Bread with Cranberries be Frozen?
Yes, wrap the cooled bread in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer safe air tight container or zip top bag and add a label and date. The bread will last 3-4 months in the freezer.
To thaw: take out and let thaw on the counter for a few hours.
More Pumpkin Recipes...
- Easy Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones
- White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Frosted Pumpkin Drop Cookies
Looking for more quick bread recipes? I got you covered!
- Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Blueberry Sweet Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Crumb Topped Banana Bread
- Classic Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Swirl Zucchini Bread
- Sweet Cornbread Recipe
Try this delicious and easy Fresh Cranberry Pumpkin Bread and let me know how much you loved it in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
Fresh Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line and grease two 9x5 bread loaf pans.
- In a stand mixer or with a whisk, combine the oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin. Mix until smooth.
- Add in the flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until just everything is combined.
- Evenly spread half of the batter in the prepared pans. Sprinkle ½ cup of cranberries in each pan and push them down into the batter.
- Add the remaining batter evenly over the cranberries in each pan, then top with another ½ cup of cranberries on each loaf and push them down gently.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of pepitas on top of each loaf.
- Bake the bread for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick of cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the center of the loaf.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to cool completely.