This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches are the ultimate frozen sweet treat! These sweet treats are perfect to make ahead of time and pull out to impress your friends and family, or just eat them all yourself!
This has got to be one of the easiest summer dessert recipes ever. Two ingredients, so easy to put together and so incredibly delightful. Who doesn't love the duo of ice cream and cookies? I know I love it, my kids love it, and my hubby loves it so it definitely makes it a win in my book!
Ingredients Needed to Make Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- 12 homemade or store bought cookies
- 3 cups homemade or store bought ice cream
- Dye Free Sprinkles or mini chocolate chips (optional)
What are the best cookies to use?
I like using homemade cookies the best for these sweet treats. My favorite is my Chocolate Sugar Cookies because it takes me bake to my childhood when I lived off of Schwan's Ice Cream Sandwiches. However, we also love these made with other cookies too! Check out the recipe links below! 👇
Some of our favorite cookies to use are:
What is the best ice cream to use?
This all depends on your personal favorite! I am a classic gal, and I prefer homemade vanilla bean ice cream. Get the recipe-HERE! In a pinch, we buy store bought vanilla ice cream.
How to Make Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
This recipe couldn't be easier, simply let the ice cream soften a bit, make the sandwiches, wrap in plastic and freeze! I'll break it down more for you.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and let soften for about 10 minutes.
- If using sprinkles or mini chocolate chips, pour about ¼-1/2 cup each into a shallow plate.
- Scoop out 3 cups of ice cream.
- Using a ½ cup measuring cup, scoop ice cream and place on bottom side of 6 cookies.
- Top ice cream with remaining 6 cookies and gently press to push ice cream to edges.
- Roll edges of sandwich in sprinkles or mini chocolate chips.
- Wrap sandwiches in plastic wrap and place in a freezer safe zip top bag.
- Freeze for another hour or up to a couple months.
- Eat and enjoy!
There you have it! An easy and delicious summer treat you can have ready in the freezer for the kiddos or guests to enjoy!
If you try out these simple and tasty Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches let me know how much you and your family like them in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Pin the recipe for later!
Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- 12 cookies, homemade or store bought
- 3 cups ice cream, homemade or store bought
- sprinkles or mini chocolate chips, optional
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and let it soften for about 10 minutes.
- If using sprinkles or mini chips, pour ¼-1/2 cup on a shallow plate.
- Scoop out 3 cups of ice cream.
- Place ½ cup of ice cream on bottom side of cookie. Repeat with 5 more cookies.
- Top ice cream with remaining cookies. Gently press to adhere cookies and push ice cream to edges.
- Roll sandwiches in sprinkles or mini chips.
- Wrap the sandwiches in plastic wrap, place in a freezer safe zip top bag and freeze for 1 hour up to a couple months.
- Eat and Enjoy!
Leave a Reply