This Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream is rich, creamy and filled with fresh strawberries. No eggs, no cooking and incredibly easy to make! The perfect cold treat on hot summer days.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Why We Love This Strawberry Ice Cream
- It's such an easy recipe to make! A few simple ingredients and an ice cream machine is all it takes.
- No need for eggs, egg yolks or cooking custard.
- It can be made and enjoyed all year round, not just in the summer.
- It's rich, creamy and utterly delicious.
- It's yummy in ice cream cones, with chocolate syrup or sandwiched between two Chocolate Chip Cookies. You can even put it on top of some Buttermilk Pancakes or Belgian Waffles! I won't judge!
Strawberry Ice Cream Ingredients
- Heavy Cream
- Whole Milk
- White Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Strawberries
During strawberry season there is nothing better than a batch of homemade ice cream made with fresh ripe strawberries. The best way to enhance the sweetness of the fruit is by making this delicious strawberry ice cream.
It's the perfect treat to share with family and friends during the summer months (or any day for that matter)!
- Heavy Cream: For a very rich ice cream you can use all cream. However do not substitute the cream for anything else. This ice cream recipe needs the cream to make it creamy since it's not a custard based ice cream
- Milk: You can substitute half and half or 2% milk for the whole milk.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: Do not use imitation extracts. The chemically made flavor will carry through in your ice cream and you will taste it.
- Fresh Strawberries: Frozen strawberries can be used. Let them thaw and cut them up a little bit if needed and then follow with recipe instructions.
No need to stop at the grocery store for ice cream anymore. With this delicious recipe you can make your own homemade ice cream that will have a fresh strawberry flavor throughout.
How to Make Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped strawberries and ¼ cup of sugar. Give it a stir and set it aside for 15 minutes.
- Once the strawberries are macerated, mash them so there are just a few large chunks. A potato masher, pastry blender or fork works well for this. If you prefer a smooth ice cream you can blend the strawberries with an immersion blender or place them in a blender or food processor. Me personally, I like a little texture in my strawberry ice cream.
- To the strawberry mixture, add the cold heavy whipping cream, cold milk, ¾ cup sugar, and pure vanilla extract. Stir it together well so the sugar can dissolve.
- Cover the ice cream mixture and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- While the mix is chilling get the ice cream maker ready.
- Give the ice cream base a really good stir before adding to ice cream maker.
- Carefully pour the ice cream mixture into your ice cream maker and churn ice cream following manufacturer's instructions. I have the simple Cuisinart ice cream maker and it takes about 30 minutes.
- Once the ice cream has reached a nice soft serve consistency it's done. You can serve and enjoy now.
- For scoopable ice cream, add the ice cream to a freezer safe container, disposable carton with a lid or a simple loaf pan with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving. The cartons are great for gifting delicious ice cream.
Do you love ice cream? I LOVE ice cream! Try this Vanilla Bean Homemade Ice Cream recipe and make it into your favorite sundae. Or try this Red Velvet Ice Cream for a more fun ice cream flavor that is the most glorious thing ever!
Tips for Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- Make sure the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker is frozen. Place it in the freezer at least 12 hours before making ice cream. I simply store it in the freezer at all times so its ready on a whims notice. If you have the extra space its a great way to never forget.
- For larger chunks of strawberries, mash them with a potato masher or fork. If you like a smoother ice cream make pureed strawberries by blending them in a food processer, blender or with an immersion blender.
- The ice cream mixture does not NEED to chill for 15 minutes, however the ice cream turns out with a more creamy texture when chilled first. Chilling it allows more air to incorporate while churning creating super creamy ice cream.
- Before serving the scoopable ice cream let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes so it can be scooped more easily.
More Delicious Strawberry Recipes:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bars
- Easy Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Rhubarb Oat Bars
- Triple Berry Crisp
- Strawberry Banana Muffins
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Maker
- 1½ cups cold heavy cream
- 1½ cups cold whole milk
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- Make sure the ice cream maker bowl is frozen.
- In a large bowl add the chopped strawberries and ¼ cup of sugar. Stir them together and set bowl aside for 15 minutes.
- Once the strawberries are macerated, mash them with a potato masher, fork or pastry blender. For a smooth ice cream, puree strawberries in blender or food processor.
- To the strawberries add heavy cream, whole milk, ¾ cup sugar and vanilla extract. Stir it together well. Cover and chill in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Prepare your ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's directions.
- Add the ice cream mixture to the frozen ice cream maker bowl and churn. My maker takes about 30 minutes.
- Once the ice cream is soft serve consistency it's done. You can serve and enjoy now.
- For more firm ice cream, add ice cream to freezer container or disposable carton and freeze for at least 4 hours. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften a bit and making scooping easier.
Leave a Reply