This Triple Berry Crisp is full of bursting berries and covered in a crispy oat topping that is amazing! Serve it with some ice cream and it's a perfect dessert that can be enjoyed year round!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Triple Berry Crisp Ingredients
- Lemon Juice
- White Sugar
- Corn Starch
- Old-Fashioned Oats
- Brown Sugar
- Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- Salted Butter
- Berries: Fresh or frozen berries can be used. You can also use blackberries.
- Lemon Juice: Fresh or bottled juice can be used. Fresh is best and if you use fresh you can add a little of the lemon zest to add some more freshness to the dessert. You can also use orange juice.
- Corn Starch: I like to use corn starch because I like how it thickens the fruit better and the taste is less noticeable. You can also use all purpose flour but make sure it gets baked through.
- Old Fashioned Oats: Quick cooking oats can be be used, however the topping will not have as much texture. The rolled oats crisp up more, create more texture and are better for crisp toppings.
- All Purpose Flour: White whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour can be substituted. The wheat flour will add a little nutty flavor that is equally delicious as using all purpose flour.
- Salted Butter: Feel free to use unsalted butter, I would suggest adding ¼ teaspoon of salt to the crisp topping.
This is a great recipe for berry season. Perfect as a spring or summer dessert to share with family and friends at any celebration.
How to Make Mixed Berry Crisp
- Prepare your fresh berries by giving them a good wash. Then hull the strawberries and slice them in half. Let the berries air dry or gently pat them dry.
- Once the berries are ready, add them all to a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the berries and stir to coat them all.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the white sugar and corn starch. Sprinkle it over the fruit and toss it all together to evenly coat the berries.
- Add the berry mixture to a 2 quart casserole dish or a 9x13 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: rolled oats, brown sugar and all purpose flour.
- Cut in the soft salted butter with a fork, pastry cutter or your fingers until it all resembles coarse crumbs.
- Evenly spread the topping mixture over the berry filling in the baking dish.
- Bake the mixed berry crisp in a preheated 350°F oven for 40-50 minutes until the topping is a deep golden brown and the berries are bubbly. If using frozen fruit bake for an extra 5-7 minutes.
- Let the berry crisp cool for about 15-20 minutes then serve and enjoy warm with some ice cream. It can also be served cold or at room temperature.
Storing Triple Berry Crisp
Storing: Store any leftover crisp tightly covered in the fridge. It will last 3-4 days in the fridge. The topping will get a little soft, but it will still taste delicious!
Reheating: To keep a crunchy topping reheat the leftover berry crisp in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes or until warmed through. Remember you are only warming it through not cooking it until bubbly again. If you are not worried about the topping staying crispy, you can reheat the crisp in the microwave too.
Mixed Berry Crisp Tips
- Make the crisp ahead of time. Prepare the crisp, then cover tightly and store in the fridge for 4 days or in the freezer for 4 months. Let the crisp come to room temperature while the oven preheats and then bake as recipe states. If baking from frozen increase bake time by 15 minutes.
- Feel free to use different berries. Use what you like best or what is in season. You will need 6 cups total of berries.
- If fresh isn't in season, use frozen berries. The bake time will increase 5-7 minutes.
- For a little more crunch in your crisp topping you can add ¼ cup of chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds.
- You can make the crisp in 6 ramekins for individual servings.
Other Delicious Fruit Desserts:
- Easy Peach Crisp
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Easy Apple Crisp
- Homemade Peach Cobbler
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bars
- Very Berry Apple Crisp
- Fresh Fruit Pizza
- Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies
- Rhubarb Custard Bars
- Lemon Bars
Triple Berry Crisp
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Clean the berries and let them air dry or pat dry with a towel.
- Hull the strawberries and slice in half.
- Add all the berries to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with lemon juice. Stir to coat all the berries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and corn starch. Sprinkle over the berries and toss to coat all the berries.
- Add the berries to a 2 quart casserole dish or 9x13 baking dish and spread into an even layer. Set dish aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, brown sugar, and all purpose flour.
- Cut in the softened butter with a fork, pastry blender or with your hands until it resembles course crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crisp topping over the berries.
- Bake uncovered for 40-50 minutes until the top is golden brown and the berries are bubbly. If using frozen berries, add an extra 5-7 minutes to the bake time.
- Let cool 15 minutes then serve warm, room temperture, or cold with ice cream and enjoy!