This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
This Peach Cobbler is an old fashioned dessert that is incredibly easy to make from scratch! It can be made with frozen or canned peaches which makes it a year round dessert! Add some ice cream and this dessert is heavenly!
Do you know the difference between a cobbler and a crisp? How about a brown betty and a crumble? Well, they are different but yet similar. They are all baked fruit desserts. The cobbler is a cross between a cake and biscuit and is so delicious! Now the rest of the baked fruit desserts are just as delicious, but we are focused on the cobbler today! Which has a delightful pie like filling on the bottom and a sweet biscuit topping. So dang good!
How To Make Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler
Ingredients You Will Need
- 32 oz frozen peaches, thawed (or two 14 oz cans, drained)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unbleached all purpose flour
- 1½ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup salted butter, cold and diced
- 1 cup buttermilk
Instructions to Make Peach Cobbler From Scratch
First, you'll need to preheat the oven to 350°, get a 9x13 baking dish and gather all your ingredients!
Next, stir in the buttermilk until it is all mixed together. Using a large spoon, dollop the batter (or is it a dough?) on top of the peaches using the back of the spoon to slightly spread it around, but allowing some of the peaches to peek through.
Bake the cobbler for 35-40 minutes until the top is a nice golden brown and the peaches are bubbling. Let the dessert cool a bit before serving. Serve warm, room temp or cold like my dad prefers!
Here are some fruit desserts you might enjoy!
Give this delicious and sweet Peach Cobbler a try and let me know what you think in the comments below. Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing!
Pin the recipe for later!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, brown sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and flour. Stir together and spread evenly into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Stir together flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Using a pastry blender or your fingers, cut the butter in until the mix resembles course crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk until everything is combined.
- Using a large spoon, dollop cobbler mix over the peaches, spreading it out a little, but letting some of the peaches peek through.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the top is golden brown.