This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Fresh Strawberry Pie is a decadent and sweet pie made with fresh ripe strawberries in a delicious butter pie crust! No gelatin needed for this recipe, it is made with 5 simple ingredients! This pie is going to become a favorite summer dessert!
My dad and Ava love strawberries, as do I! This Fresh Strawberry Pie is one of their favorites, and my dad has eaten about 5 of them in the last month as I tested this recipe over and over. He did not complain once, all he said was, "This one was better than the last!" My family is a bunch of supportive taste testers!
I had to test this recipe quite a few times since I wasn't using a gelatin to keep it all together. Unfortunately, I can't have Jello as most of it is filled with synthetic dyes. I have found a few that are dye-free or I could have used plain gelatin or gelatin sheets, but I wanted to keep this recipe easy with minimal ingredients. Ingredients you would have in your pantry on any given day. So, I decided no gelatin and went with corn starch. Then after all that, I found a family recipe that my Aunt Eb used to make Strawberry Pie and she also used corn starch. I guess it was just meant to be this way!
Anyway... The results are finally here and they are SUPERB!
What do you Need to Make Decadent Fresh Strawberry Pie?
- 1 baked all Butter Pie Crust-RECIPE HERE or store bought crust, baked.
- 16 oz fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
I prefer to use a homemade pie crust. Head over to the recipe to print it out. However, you can use a store bought crust. It will work and turn out just as great.
How to Make 5 Ingredient Fresh Strawberry Pie
This pie is all about the strawberries! My strawberry obsession started as a kid all thanks to my Grandma Warby. Her garden was a magical place and her kitchen was filled with strawberry decor. She used to give us rides on the golf cart around the garden. If only I would have learned all her gardening secrets. She was a queen at gardening, and making blankets, and giving hugs. Ok... back to the pie!
First, crush enough strawberries to make 1 cup. Add the crushed strawberries to a medium sized pot with 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 3 tablespoons corn starch. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the filling gets really thick. And I mean thick, it will coat a spoon and need a little nudge to come off. Usually takes about 3-5 minutes to get real thick. Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely.
Next, slice enough strawberries to make 1 cup. Add strawberries to a bowl and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and stir all together. Set aside until the filling is completely cooled.
Once the filling is completely cooled, add it to the sliced macerated strawberries and fold it all together. Pour the filling into a baked crust and spread out evenly. Cover the pie and chill in fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. The longer the better!
Tips to Make Easy Fresh Strawberry Pie
- To help the strawberry filling cool faster, fill a metal bowl with ice and place the pot on top of the ice.
- Use an egg slicer or strawberry slicer to slice the strawberries and let the kids help.
- Make sure the filling is thick. If the filling is not thick, you will end up with a runny pie.
- Add homemade whip cream, cool whip, or vanilla ice cream to make it extravagant!
Need more ideas to use up some of those strawberries? Take a peek at these recipes!
- Strawberries & Cream Stuffed French Toast
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Banana & Strawberry Muffins
- Strawberry Rhubarb Oat Bars
- Homemade Strawberry Jam with Canning Instructions
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bars
Looking for some more easy no bake desserts? Here are some you might like!
- No Bake Cookies N Cream Cheesecake Bars
- Peanut Butter Bars
- No Bake S'mores Bars
- Scotch A Roos
- No Bake Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Scotch Cookies
After you try this decadent, sweet and easy Fresh Strawberry Pie let me know how much you and your family enjoyed it in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Pin the recipe for later!
Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Add crushed strawberries to medium sized pot with 1 cup sugar, water, lemon juice and corn starch.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, and cook until filling is really thick. About 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely.
- Stir together sliced strawberries and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Set aside until filling is cooled.
- Fold together filling and sliced macerated strawberries. Pour into baked pie crust.
- Chill pie for at least 1 hour before serving. The longer the better.
- If desired, top with whipped cream or ice cream.