Do you love pizza? I mean in all reality, who doesn’t love pizza? I love pizza! My kids love pizza! My hubby definitely loves pizza! Even my pups like pizza! As much as I love it, there are days when I just don’t want to make a homemade pizza. (We very rarely have frozen pizza in the house, because I just don’t buy it.) As much as I love homemade pizza, if I’m out of dough in the freezer it’s a process to make more when I’m in a pinch, or when I’ve just gotten home at 7:00 from running my kiddos around to all their after school activities. So I created a pizza sandwich! The wonderful flavors of pizza, on a bun! Crock Pot Pizza Joes to the rescue!
Crock Pot Pizza Joes
These are so simple to make. Dump all the ingredients (except the beef, brown that first) in the crock pot, set it and forget it! It’s ready for you when you get home and your house will smell like there’s a pizza in the oven! I used pepperoni because that is what my kids prefer. However, you could add anything to the meat mix that you like on pizza. I would love a Supreme version with mushrooms, peppers and onions! I’m sure my husband would prefer a chicken bacon ranch (It’s his favorite pizza!) version with ground chicken, bacon and a ranch sauce. I may just try that soon!
So we know:
- It’s simple!
- It’s versatile!
- It’s going to be very tasty! Go make it and find out for yourself!
Enjoy and let me know what pizza you created!
- 1-1/4 pound ground beef
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 30 slices pepperoni-quartered
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Buns, split
- Brown ground beef until no longer pink. Drain if needed.
- Add beef to crock pot.
- Add tomatoes, seasonings, salt & pepper to your liking.
- Stir in pepperoni quarters.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over meat mix, stir to incorporate.
- Spoon mix onto buns, sprinkle with more cheese.
- Layer a few extra pepperoni slices if desired.
I use a crock pot liner for a easy, quick, clean up! No scrubbing needed!