This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
My Homemade Pizza Dough recipe is easy and foolproof! It can be made ahead of time for easy weeknight homemade pizzas! This is the perfect recipe for your Friday night pizza parties!
Who doesn't love pizza? We love pizza in this house and we love making our own! Don't get me wrong, I love a good take out pizza too. Heck, I even love frozen pizzas. However, there is just something so special and delicious when you make your own homemade pizza dough and pizza just the way YOU want it! This dough is so delicious and so easy. The dough can be made up to 3 days in advance and kept in the fridge until ready to use. Or you can make it the day you want it too, this dough only needs an hour to rest and it is good to go!
What is Needed to Make Simple Homemade Pizza Dough?
- Warm Water
- Active Dry Yeast
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Very simple ingredients to make this pizza dough recipe. This recipe is foolproof and incredibly easy.
Need some ideas for awesome toppings?
- Meat Lovers
- Classic Cheese
- Chicken Bacon Ranch
- Classic Pepperoni
- BBQ Chicken
- Bacon Cheeseburger
- All veggie
- Breakfast pizza using country gravy, sausage, and eggs (that's just one idea, I have many others!)
- Dessert! Yes, even dessert pizza can be made on this crust. I like making a cinnamon crumble for the top and then drizzling with a glaze after it bakes. So good!
How to Make the Best and Easiest Homemade Pizza Dough
This recipe is so easy and only has a few steps before you have a perfect pizza dough. This recipe will make approximately two 14 in thin crust pizzas. If you prefer a more hand tossed or thicker crust that works with this recipe too!
First step: combine the warm water and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer. Let the water and yeast hang out for about 5 minutes.
Second step: add the flour, salt and olive oil. Mix on low until a dough forms and it starts to clump together and form a ball. It does not have to be baby bottom smooth. This dough doesn't need to be kneaded that much. Like I said before, it is foolproof!
Third step: place the dough in a oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough rest for at least an hour, but it can rest up to 5 hours if needed. For a make ahead option, the dough can be placed in the fridge and left to rest for up to 3 days. It will slowly rest and proof in the fridge.
Final step: slice the dough in half with a dough cutter or tear it with your hands. Stretch the dough by gently pulling it or pushing it out onto a pizza stone, baking sheet or in a glass dish. Stretch and push it out to your desired thickness. Add your favorite sauce and toppings and bake the pizza in a 500° oven. Our pizzas take around 10-12 minutes but you can bake it as long or as short as you like. However you like your pizza!
This dough works great for deep dish too! A tip: Pre-bake the crust before adding the toppings or the dough might not bake all the way through. I bake mine for about 5-6 minutes, then top it and finish baking.
That's it friends! 4 simple steps to get some homemade pizza on the dinner table!
What if I don't have a stand mixer?
No stand mixer, no problem! Add the water and yeast to a large bowl, let rest for 5 minutes, then add remaining ingredients. Using a rubber or silicone spatula mix it all together as much as you can or until a dough starts to form. Then using your hands, knead it a bit until the dough comes together. The dough is a bit sticky, if it is too sticky either add a tablespoon or two of flour or grease your hands with olive oil to help form a ball. Then follow the remaining steps as directed.
Here are some more homemade dinner ideas you might enjoy!
- Family Favorite Sloppy Joes
- Instant Pot Drip Beef Sandwiches
- Cheesy Spaghetti Bake
- Crock Pot Whole Chicken
- Taco Salad with Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Best Ever Egg Bake - Breakfast for dinner is a favorite thing at our house!
Give this easy, delicious and foolproof Homemade Pizza Dough a try and let me see all your pizza creations! Tell me about them in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don’t forge to pin the recipe for later!
Homemade Pizza Dough
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 package dry active yeast
- 4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add water and yeast to the bowl of a stand mixer and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, and oil. Mix on low until a dough forms and the dough starts to clump together and form a ball.
- Place the dough in a oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap or clean towel.
- Let the dough rest for at least 1 hour or place in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Slice dough in half with a dough cutter or tear it using your hands. Place the dough on pizza stones or in 15x10 sheet pans. Stretch dough using your fingers by either gently pulling the dough or pushing it out.
- Top dough with your favorite sauce and toppings. Bake the pizza at 500° for about 10-12 minutes.
Leave a Reply