This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Welcome to my "Baking Addiction" week! This week I am going to post all about baked goods! I love baking! A little too much sometimes... Thankfully, a lot of the the goods I bake are very freezer friendly. And if they're not, I have family members who are always willing to sample for me!
To start the week off, we are going with a good breakfast dish. This cake is absolutely delicious and healthy. A healthy cake for breakfast?! That's right!! There are no eggs or oil in this recipe. They are replaced with flax eggs and unsweetened applesauce which makes them even healthier!
This is a simple recipe that can be made the morning of or the night before. Have it for breakfast and have the leftovers for an afternoon pick me up. Yes, it is good and healthy enough for snacks too! You could even slice a piece in half and slather on some peanut butter! That's good enough for a school lunch as well!
This recipe is perfect for using up your ripe bananas. It freezes well too. Not that it will last long enough. But make two at a time and freeze one for later! I do that a lot...
Stay tuned for another baked good recipe tomorrow! Enjoy!
Oatmeal Banana Breakfast Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 8x8 baking dish (I use coconut oil spray)
- In a small bowl stir together flaxseed and water. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine bananas, maple syrup, applesauce, brown sugar, vanilla, and vinegar.
- Add the flax egg to the banana mixture and mix.
- Add the cinnamon, salt, baking powder, oats and flour. Mix until just all combined.
- Pour batter into greased baking dish.
- Optional: Sprinkle top with rolled oats for a pretty look.
- Bake 30-35 min.
- Serve and Enjoy!