This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
S'mores Cracker Toffee has all the flavors of traditional s'mores with an extra sweet flare from brown sugar toffee. A popular summer flavor that is made ahead of time and can be enjoyed all year round.
S'mores are a sign summer has arrived. Gathering around a camp fire, roasting marshmallows and squishing them between graham crackers and melting chocolate. This candy has all those classic flavors, but is made easily in the oven.
This s'mores treat is going to be so popular among everyone. It's delicious, sweet and addicting. No one can stop and just one!
Here are some more popular treats you might like to try: No Bake S'mores Bars, Rocky Road Brownies, and Scotcharoos.
S'mores Cracker Toffee Ingredients
- Graham Crackers
- Salted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Salted Butter: using salted butter in this recipe really helps cut through the sweetness of it all. Unsalted butter can be used but I would suggest stirring in ¼ teaspoon of salt with the butter and brown sugar when making the toffee.
- Milk Chocolate Chips: Milk chocolate is the classic flavor for s'mores, however you could use dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips if needed.
How to Make S'mores Cracker Toffee
- Line a jelly roll sheet pan (15x10 rimmed sheet pan) with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Place a single layer of graham crackers on the sheet pan.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar together whisking so it doesn't separate while melting.
- Once it's combined bring the butter and sugar to a boil and boil for 3 minutes without stirring or whisking.
- Remove the toffee from the heat and pour evenly over the layer of the graham crackers.
- Bake the toffee covered crackers in a 350°F oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 1 minute.
- Remove and spread the chocolate out evenly with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle with mini marshmallows and cracker crumbs.
- Bake for another 2 minutes until the marshmallows have puffed up and begin to turn golden.
- Let the cracker toffee cool to room temperature and then chill it for at least 1 hour to set the chocolate and toffee.
- Break candy into pieces and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Cracker Toffee
- Line the sheet pan up the sides too, to make it easy to remove the candy and break it into pieces.
- When melting the butter and brown sugar, whisk it together so the butter gets incorporated with the brown sugar. Once that happens stop whisking.
- Once the butter and brown sugar starts to boil set a timer for 3 minutes and let it boil undisturbed. Do not stir or whisk it while it's boiling.
- Cool candy completely before breaking or slicing into pieces.
FAQs About S'mores Cracker Toffee
Store any extra candy in an air tight container or zip top bag. If your house is warmer in the summer store it in the fridge so it doesn't melt and stick together.
Most cases if it's too chewy the butter and sugar mixture wasn't boiled enough. Start the timer for 3 minutes once the butter and sugar has started bubbling all the way through and is at a constant boil. Do not stir at all once the boiling and timer has started.
If the toffee was whisked too much or boiled to long the sugar will crystalize and become hard when cooled. When making fudge that is ideal but not for toffee. Make sure to set a timer when the boiling begins and resist the urge to stir or whisk it.
More Easy Desserts We Enjoy:
- No Bake Scotch Cookies
- Classic Brownies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Crock Pot Chocolate Lava Cake
- Easy Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
S'mores Cracker Toffee
- 12 full graham cracker sheets
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a rimmed jelly roll pan (15x10) with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Place graham crackers in a single layer on lined sheet pan.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, melt together the butter and brown sugar whisking until incorporated together.
- Bring the butter and sugar to a boil and boil for 3 minutes without stirring.
- After 3 minutes, pour the toffee over the graham crackers.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Immedietly sprinkle with milk chocolate chips and place back in oven, and bake for 1 minute.
- Spread the chocolate out evenly with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle the mini marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs on top.
- Bake for another 2 minutes until the marshmallows have puffed up and started to turn golden.
- Cool to room temperature and then chill for at least 1 hour.
- Break or slice into pieces and serve.
Leave a Reply