This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Chicken Avocado Wraps are a great spin on the classic chicken salad sandwich. A creamy delicious combination of chicken, avocado and veggies that make for a perfect light and refreshing lunch. Made with all healthy ingredients this wrap is one you can indulge in and not feel guilty about!
Need a recipe to use up leftover chicken? This chicken avocado salad is it! These wraps are perfect for packed lunches, the kiddos school lunch, or a fun summer picnic. They would make a great light dinner on a hot summer day or even on a busy week night. A very simple recipe and super quick to make, doesn't get much better than that!
This post was originally posted on 08/14/2016 and updated on 05/17/2021.
Chicken Avocado Wrap Ingredients
- Lemon Juice
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Garlic Powder
- Cooked Chicken
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Black Pepper
- Grape Tomatoes
- Spinach Tortillas
- Greek Yogurt: The Greek yogurt gives just the right amount of tang to the chicken avocado salad, but you can use sour cream or mayo or combination of both.
- Cooked Chicken: Any leftover cooked chicken works well with this recipe. Another good option is canned chicken or even tuna would be delicious.
- Monterey Jack Cheese: Use your favorite. I prefer Monterey because I really like how it pairs with the avocado.
- Grape Tomatoes: Use your favorite veggies to add to the wrap. Thinly sliced or diced bell peppers, cucumbers, or carrots would be delicious.
- Spinach: Spring greens, romaine or shredded iceberg lettuce would be yummy.
- Spinach Tortillas: Any flavored or plain tortilla will work. For a lower card option you can use romaine or bib lettuce.
How to Make Chicken Avocado Salad Wrap
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado with lemon juice.
- Mix in the greek yogurt, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Fold in the chicken and shredded cheese.
- Add ⅓ of the chicken avocado salad to the center of the tortilla.
- Top the chicken salad with grape tomatoes and spinach.
- Fold in sides and roll tortilla.
- Slice in half and enjoy!
What to Serve with Chicken Avocado Wraps
FAQs About Healthy Chicken Avocado Wraps
Some are healthy, some are not. It will all depend on what you use for the wrap and what you add to the filling. Some wraps can be lower carb, higher in protein or made with whole grains making them a healthier option. Filling the wraps with veggies and Greek yogurt will keep the chicken wrap healthier as well.
I like to serve wraps with raw veggies and dip or a simple fruit salad. Tortilla chips or potato chips will pair well with chicken wraps too.
A healthy wrap would consist of a filling full of protein and veggies then wrapped with a tortilla that is whole grain.
More Delicious Lunch Recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Easy Ham Salad
- Chicken Tortellini Salad
- Healthy Basil Tuna Cakes
- Roast Chicken Cobb Salad
- Egg Salad Sandwiches
Chicken Avocado Wraps
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado and lemon juice together.
- Add the yogurt, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix together.
- Fold in the chicken and cheese.
- Add about ⅓ of the filling to center of tortilla.
- Top with ⅓ of the tomatoes and ⅓ of the spinach.
- Fold sides together and roll tortilla. Secure with toothpick if necessary.
- Repeat to make 2 more wraps.