This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Gratin is a comforting and new way to eat your green veggies. Brussels sprouts are roasted and then coated in cream and parmesan cheese making a decadent side dish to serve for casual dinners or fancy holiday get togethers!
My family happens to love brussels sprouts. It is a green veggie we can all agree on and enjoy. If you have family who say they are not too fond of them, then they need to try this recipe! This recipe is creamy, dreamy and will make any green veggie hater into a brussels sprouts lover.
This post was originally posted on 11/06/2020 and updated on 11/10/2021.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Gratin Ingredients
- Brussels Sprouts
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Panko Crumbs
- Salted Butter
- Dried Parsley
- Heavy Cream
- Ground Nutmeg
- Parmesan Cheese
What is a Gratin?
A gratin is usually a veggie, but can be different ingredients too, topped with a browned crust usually consisting of melted cheese and sometimes breadcrumbs. It can be browned under the broiler or baked.
How to Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Step 1: Roast the Sprouts
Clean and trim the sprouts, if needed. Toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast at 450°F for 8-10 minutes.
Step 2: Make the Gratin Topping
In a small bowl, combine the panko crumbs, melted butter, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Then, set aside. Next, in a liquid measuring cup, add the cream and stir in a pinch of ground nutmeg. Set that aside as well until the sprouts are done roasting.
Step 3: Combine in Baking Dish
Once the brussels sprouts are done, add them to a 8x8 baking dish or 2 quart casserole dish. Cover the sprouts with the cream, then sprinkle the bread crumb mix over the sprouts and finish off with a layer of grated Parmesan cheese.
Step 4: Brown it
Bake the brussels sprouts gratin at 400°F for 15-20 minutes until the top is golden brown.
How to Clean and Trim Brussels Sprouts
I like to keep dishes as simple as possible and will often times buy already cleaned and trimmed brussels sprouts. However, sometimes they aren't available or I find a better deal on others. With that, it may be needed to clean and trim your sprouts.
To clean them rinse in cold water to get off any dirt, dust or residue. Then trim any discoloring part of the stem with a knife and remove any discolored outer leaves. Once cleaned and trimmed, proceed with the recipe as written. If you clean your brussels sprouts ahead of time, pat them dry before storing them in a container or zip top bag in the fridge.
Other Veggie Side Dishes:
- Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- Honey Garlic Glazed Carrots
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
- Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Asparagus
- Easy Roasted Carrots
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Gratin
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic, 1 clove
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450°F and grease or line a rimmed baking sheet.
- Wash and trim brussels sprouts.
- In a zip top bag or bowl toss brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place sprouts on baking sheet and roast for 8-10 minutes.
- Add sprouts to 8x8 or 2 quart baking dish and reduce oven to 400°F.
- Mix together panko crumbs, melted butter, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix together cream and pinch nutmeg.
- Pour cream over brussels sprouts.
- Evenly top sprouts with breadcrumb mixture.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
Leave a Reply