This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Oven Roasted Spaghetti Squash is one of the most easiest and flavorful ways to cook spaghetti squash. It has the best soft flesh that pulls easily with fork creating the spaghetti like strands. A healthy and hearty dish to dig into this fall!
I had a pretty good harvest of spaghetti squash this summer, even with having to replant it in the middle of June because of the frost. Yes, frost in June. It was very odd, and ruined some of my garden. Most of it grew back without any issues. However, the spaghetti and butternut squash were hit hard, and then hit again and got flooded. We had to dig a trench and hole to let some of the water out because it was just sitting there with no place to go ruining my squash plants. It was a strange summer this year for growing a garden. We managed and I ended up with some pretty plentiful spaghetti squash. With all the squash, I have to show you how to oven roast it. It is the best way to cook spaghetti squash.
What you Need to Oven Roast Spaghetti Squash
How to Easily Cut Spaghetti Squash in Half
The skin and flesh of spaghetti squash can be a bit hard to cut through when its raw. To help ease the struggle and keep all your fingers in tack, follow these simple steps:
- Take a fork and pierce it down the middle of the squash creating a vertical line where you plan on cutting it.
- Now place the squash in the microwave and cook it for 5 minutes for a large squash and 3 minutes for smaller size.
- Take out the squash and let it cool until you are able to handle it.
- It should be slightly tender, but still raw. The knife should give a little and be able to cut through the squash a lot easier.
How to Roast Spaghetti Squash in the Oven
Step 1: Slice and Remove Seeds
Once you have easily cut the squash in half, take a spoon and scoop out the seeds. Save the seeds to roast them, or toss.
Step 2: Season the Squash
Spray the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Step 3: Roast the Squash
Place the squash face down on a foiled lined rimmed sheet pan sprayed with olive oil. Roast the squash in a 400° oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the squash is tender but not mushy.
Step 4: Fluff and Eat
Turn the squash over, use a fork and pull the strands of squash. Serve the squash right in its own vessel or scoop into a bowl. Top it with some Simple Spaghetti Meat Sauce, Easy Marinara Sauce or just good ole garlic and Parmesan cheese!
What to Serve with Oven Roasted Spaghetti Squash
- Turkey & Zucchini Meatballs
- Crock Pot Beef Bolognese
- Oven Roasted BBQ Chicken Breasts
- Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Herb Roasted Spatchcock Chicken
More Oven Roasted Dishes to Try
- Roasted Ranch Potatoes
- Perfect Roast Chicken
- Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower
- Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Roasted Corn on the Cob with Husks
- Roasted Asparagus
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Easy Roasted Carrots
Give this delicious Oven Roasted Spaghetti Squash a try and let me know how much you like it in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
Oven Roasted Spaghetti Squash
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°, line a rimmed sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Slice squash in half vertically.
- Scoop out the seeds.
- Spray with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash halves cut side down on sheet pan.
- Roast for 45-60 minutes until tender.
- Pull squash with fork to make strands of "spaghetti".
Leave a Reply