This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
This is a quick and tasty dinner perfect for those busy evenings approaching filled with after school activities. I fall into that category with my kiddos too! There is dance practice, karate, wrestling, band and who knows what else they will want to try! I am a planner, so I plan quick meals on those busy days, like this one! This is quick and delicious!
I swear by meal planning. I meal plan every Sunday for the week. Doing this saves me money, time and the urge to eat out. On our busy days, I plan quick meals like this and a lot of crock pot meals as well. Sometimes we can't eat until we get home from activities and the crock pot meals come in handy for those days. My favorite is my Crock Pot Chicken recipe. Give it a try here!
This dinner can be done in less than 30 minutes. Serve it up with a quick salad or steamed veggie and it's complete! Try it on your next busy night! Enjoy!
Ground Beef & Mushroom Stroganoff
- 16 oz pappardelle, or wide egg noodles
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt, or sour cream
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine water and mushrooms in small sauce pot and bring to a low boil over medium heat, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While mushrooms are re-concentrating in water, brown hamburger and onion together until meat is no longer pink.
- Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Remove the mushrooms from the water reserving the water.
- Chop the mushrooms and add to the meat mix.
- Add the flour and stir. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add the mushroom broth while stirring the meat mix.
- Add the milk and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened. About 5 minutes.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Sir in yogurt.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over pasta.