This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Crispy Candied Pecans are the ultimate sweet treat. Pecans are covered in a sweet cinnamon coating and baked to crispy perfection. They make a great topping for pancakes, ice cream, cheesecake and are a great holiday gift.
This recipe is one you need to have! These easy to make pecans are addictive and will disappear fast! We love to eat these pecans like candy, and also add them to pancakes and on top of ice cream and yogurt. Plus, we have recently discovered that these pecans are so good in my Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe! I also love to give homemade gifts away for the holidays and these Candied Pecans are perfect for that. Put them in a cute jar, wrap them up and give them to all your friends and family.
Ingredients to Make Candied Pecans
Do I have to use pecans?
Nope! I have used this recipe with Walnuts and Almonds and they both turned out great too!
How to Make Easy Crispy Candied Pecans
Step 1: Make the Candied Coating
Step 2: Coat the Pecans
Step 3: Spread the Pecans
Step 4: Bake Pecans
Bake the pecans in a 300° oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes and spreading back into a single layer.
Step 5: Cool Pecans and Enjoy
Tips for Making the Best Candied Pecans
- Use raw pecans, if you can't find raw, the next best is unsalted.
- I prefer to use pecan halves because they are great for gifts and easy snacking. However, I have used chopped pecans and they work well too.
- Make sure the egg white is frothy, it creates the crispy texture and is the glue to keep the sugar on.
- Make sure the pecans are in a single layer on the sheet pan so they cook evenly and don't clump all together.
- Do NOT skip the stirring step. It is essential to stir the pecans every 15 minutes so the nuts cook evenly and don't burn. This helps create an even crisp texture.
Ways to Use Crispy Candied Pecans
- Add them to muffins, breads or cakes. They are delicious in Easy Pumpkin Bread, Cinnamon Swirl Zucchini Bread and Raspberry Coffee Cake.
- Stir them into cookie dough, so good!
- Eat them as is for a sweet snack.
- Sprinkle them on pancakes, ice cream or cheesecake.
- Stir them into yogurt.
- Add them into a Homemade Granola.
- Add them to a charcuterie board.
How to Store Candied Pecans?
Store the candied pecans in an air tight container or zip top bag on the counter. They will last up to 3 weeks on the counter. If you are making them ahead of time, you can freeze them. Freeze them in an air tight freezer container or zip top bag with a label and date. Pecans will last up to 6 months in the freezer.
More Sweet Treats That Would Make Great Gifts...
- Scotcharoo Popcorn
- Confetti Sugar Cookies
- Homemade Brownie Bites
- Coffee Cupcakes with Mocha Frosting
- Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies
- No Bake Scotch-A-Roos
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Make these delicious sweet Crispy Candied Pecans and share them with everyone you love. Let me know how much you and everyone else enjoys them in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
Crispy Candied Pecans
- Preheat oven to 300° and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white and water until frothy.
- Whisk in the sugars, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in pecans until they are all evenly coated.
- Spread the pecans in a single layer on the sheet pan.
- Bake the pecans for 45 minutes stirring every 15 minutes and spreading back into a single layer. Bake until the pecans are crispy and the egg white is completely dry.
- Let pecans cool completely on sheet pan.