This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Sheet Pan Pancakes are homemade fluffy pancakes with toppings you get to chose and they're all done at once! No standing in front of a griddle flipping cakes anymore!
We love pancakes in our house! We make them often on the weekends and I always make extra to put in the freezer. However, some weekends I just want to relax and not do a huge breakfast, and then of course the kids are bummed. So I decided to try some sheet pan pancakes. Needless to say, they were a huge hit! The whole family enjoyed them.
How to Make Sheet Pan Pancakes
What You Need
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
Can I substitute all purpose flour for the whole wheat flour?
Yes, you can use all purpose flour instead of whole wheat, making it a full 2 cups of all purpose flour. I like to do half and half with our pancakes because it gives it a nutty flavor and a little whole grain doesn't hurt.
Can I use almond milk?
Yes, you can use any type of milk your family drinks or uses in baked goods.
Can I top my pancakes with other things besides chocolate chips?
Absolutely! You can use whatever toppings you prefer. We have used berries, chocolate chips, peanut butter and homemade jam, and bananas.
Can I double the recipe?
Of course! Double the recipe as followed and use a larger sheet pan. I've used a 15x10 and 16x12 pan as well. They are more puffy and thicker in the 15x10 pan. I would recommend using the 16x12 size if you have one, when doubling the recipe. Again, either pan will work though.
Make the Cakes
First, preheat the oven to 425° and grease a 9x13 sheet pan or baking dish. Either one works.
In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla.
Next, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk just until combined.
Whisk in the melted butter until incorporated.
Finally, pour batter into prepared sheet pan and sprinkle the chocolate chips or toppings of your choice on top.
Bake for 15-18 minutes until toothpick comes out clean from center of pan.
If you and your family love pancakes, you might enjoy these other pancake recipes!
Give these new trend setting Sheet Pan Pancakes a try, and let me know how you liked them in the comments below! You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing!
Pin the recipe for later!
Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Preheat oven to 425° and grease a 9x13 sheet pan or baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the all purpose flour, wheat flour, sugar and baking powder.
- In a small bowl whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk just until combined.
- Whisk in the butter just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared sheet pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.