This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
These Cheesy Corn Muffins get jazzed up with an abundant amount of shredded cheese and fresh corn kernels. A great side dish to any bowl of chili or backyard BBQ meal!
No surprise, I created another muffin! Muffins are just one of my favorite things to bake! These Cheesy Corn Muffins are a basic cornbread base recipe that is made on the more savory side rather than sweet and then loaded with shredded co-jack cheese and fresh corn kernels. They have the perfect amount of crumb texture to stay together when dunked in your favorite bowl of chili or soup. Or add some butter and serve them along side some BBQ chicken or beef brisket. They are great in packed lunches for school or work too. Plus, the easy recipe is made in one bowl and can be done in less 30 minutes!
How to Make Cheesy Corn Muffins
- 1½ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1½ cup corn, frozen (thawed), canned (drained) or fresh (cooked and cut right of the cob)
- 1½ cup shredded co-jack cheese
If you have leftover corn on the cob hanging out in your fridge, make these muffins! I've tried these muffins with all three types of corn, and my favorite by far is with the fresh corn kernels. However, they are all dang delicious!
Instructions to Make Easy Cheesy Corn Muffins
Preheat the oven to 400° and grease a 12 cup muffin pan well. For best results, do not use paper liners with this recipe.
Next, make a well (hole) in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the milk, oil, and egg. Whisk until everything is just combined.
Now fold in the corn kernels and shredded cheese.
Lastly, evenly distribute the batter among the 12 muffin cups.
Finally, bake the muffins for 18-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. My oven takes exactly 20 minutes for these muffins to be perfectly baked.
This last step is extremely important, remove the muffins immediately from the pan once they come out of the oven. Turn the pan over on a clean towel and the muffins will easily fall out. Let the muffins cool on the towel or serve them warm.
Here are some other muffin recipes you might like to try!
Let me know how much you enjoyed these Cheesy Corn Muffins in the comments below. Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing!
Pin the recipe for later!
Cheesy Corn Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease a 12 cup muffin pan well. No paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the middle of the bowl.
- Add milk, oil and egg. Whisk just until everything is combined.
- Fold in corn kernels and shredded cheese.
- Evenly fill the 12 muffin cups with batter.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Immediately remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on clean towel or serve warm.