This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Cranberry Orange Muffins are perfect tender muffins made with orange zest, orange juice, and filled with dried cranberries. These muffins are a great snack, sweet treat, or breakfast and are made to eat all year, not just at the holidays!
My oldest daughter loves dried cranberries! She really, really loves them. She eats them like popcorn lovers eat their popcorn, by the fistful. Since she is such an avid cranberry lover, I made these muffins for her! She also loves orange juice, so this was definitely a no brainer. She loved them!
How to Make Cranberry Orange Muffins
What You Will Need
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup milk
- 1-½ cups dried cranberries.
Let's Make Muffins!
Preheat oven to 375° and line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease it very well.
First, you will need to cream together the butter, sugar and orange zest until light and fluffy. Then add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
Now it's time to add the dry and liquid ingredients alternately. First add the baking powder, salt and 1 cup of flour and mix just until incorporated. Next mix in the orange juice. Then add the remaining cup of flour followed by the milk being very careful not to over mix. You just want to make sure everything is incorporated. It's ok if the batter is still lumpy.
Finally, stir in the dried cranberries. Fill the muffin tins about ¾ full and bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the muffins cool a few minutes and then remove from pan to cool completely.
Now eat them for breakfast, snack, a sweet treat or to cure a midnight craving! Whenever you eat them they'll be delicious!
Do you love muffins? I love muffins! I love to bake muffins! Here are some more muffin recipes you might enjoy!
After you make these muffins and eat them all, tell me what you think of them in the comments below. You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing!
Pin the recipe for later!
Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease well.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and orange zest until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add baking powder, salt and 1 cup of the flour and mix just until incorporated.
- Mix in orange juice.
- Add in remaining cup of flour and mix just until incorporated.
- Mix in milk until combined. Be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Stir in the dried cranberries.
- Fill muffin tins ¾ full and bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins a few minutes, then remove and cool completely on wire rack or counter.