This Chocolate Chip Coffee Cookies Recipe is a chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe that is infused with coffee flavor. An easy drop cookie that is chewy, sweet, and absolutely divine!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Why We Love These Chocolate Chip Coffee Cookies
- It's an easy drop cookie recipe. No need for rolling, chilling or any other extra steps.
- It's filled with chocolate and coffee. Um... like one of the best combos ever. Am I right chocolate and coffee lovers?
- They are perfectly chewy with crisp edges.
- They're delicious and even non-coffee drinkers loved these cookies!
Chocolate Chip Coffee Cookies Ingredients
- Salted Butter
- Light Brown Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Instant Coffee Granules
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Salted Butter: Unsalted butter can be used, but I would suggest adding an extra ½ teaspoon of salt to the cookie dough.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: Pure extracts are the best to use. Imitation extracts can leave an unwanted after taste.
- Instant Coffee Granules: You can also use instant espresso or dry coffee grounds. Or take coffee beans and make your own ground coffee. I prefer the instant coffee because it's easy, I like the flavor and it doesn't effect the texture of the cookies.
- All Purpose Flour: Whole wheat flour and white whole wheat flour can be used as well. The whole wheat flour will add a little bit more flavor to the cookies too.
- Dark Chocolate Chips: You can use chocolate chunks or chopped chocolate bars. All will work. If you prefer a different type of chocolate, you can use semi-sweet chips or milk chocolate chips.
The chocolate flavor and instant coffee powder creates such amazing cookies. This is a perfect cookie for dunking in your favorite cup of coffee too!
How to Make Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Line at least two baking sheets with parchment paper and heat oven to 350°F.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or with hand mixer and large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and white sugar together.
- Then add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Next, add the vanilla extract and instant coffee granules and beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients: baking powder, baking soda, salt and all purpose flour. Mix on low speed until just combined.
- Stir in the dark chocolate chips until fully incorporated.
- Using a medium size scoop or about 2 tablespoons, scoop the dough and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies for 11-13 minutes until center no longer looks wet or glossy and the edges are light golden brown.
- Let cookies cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Storing Chocolate Chip Coffee Cookies
Storing: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container. Keep them in a cool dry place and they'll last a few weeks. If you notice the cookies starting to get a little dry or hard, add a piece of bread to the container with the cookies. It will add moisture back into the cookies.
Freezing: These cookies freeze well! Place the cookies in a freezer safe airtight container in single layers, between pieces of wax paper. Label, date and freeze. Cookies will last 3-4 months in the freezer.
Thawing: To thaw the frozen cookies, simply let them sit at room temperature for a few hours.
How to Freeze Cookie Dough
Freezing Cookie Dough: To freeze the chocolate chip coffee cookie dough: place cookie dough scoops on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then freeze the dough for at least an hour or two. Once frozen, place the frozen dough balls in a freezer safe air tight container or zip top bag. I like to freeze them between layers of wax paper. Label, date and keep frozen until ready to use.
Baking Frozen Cookie Dough: To bake the frozen cookie dough, place cookie dough balls on parchment lined cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Then bake frozen dough at 350°F for 12-15 minutes or until edges are just starting to turn golden brown and the centers no longer look wet. Cook time will vary on how cold your cookies are when placed in the oven. Cool cookies on pan for 2 minutes and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Tips for Chewy Chocolate Chip Coffee Cookies Recipe
- Always fluff your flour and then spoon and level it to measure. Doing this will prevent too much flour being added and ultimately making the cookies too dry.
- Use a cookie scoop to get the same size cookies, that way they will all bake evenly. I like to use the Pampered Chef medium size scoop which is equal to about 2 tablespoons.
- If using cookie sheets more than once during baking, make sure the cookie sheet is completely cooled before adding scoops of cookie dough on it.
- For best results don't over bake the cookies. Over baking will cause the cookies to be more crisp and hard. The centers should look set and not glossy, and the bottoms and edges should be just golden brown.
Other Delicious Drop Cookie Recipes:
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
- Jumbo Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Peanut Butter Cookies
- Oatmeal Scotchies
- Cowboy Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chunk Coconut Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Coffee Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2¼ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1½ cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment or with hand mixer and large bowl, cream together softened butter, brown sugar and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg and scraping sides of the bowl.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and instant coffee granules until incorporated.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and all purpose flour. Mix on low just until fully combined.
- Stir in the dark chocolate chips.
- Using a medium size cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons) scoop and place cookie dough 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies for 11-13 minutes until the center no longer looks wet or glossy and the edges are golden brown.
- Let cookies cool on pan for 2 minutes then remove to wire rack and cool completely.
Leave a Reply