This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Pecan Pie Bars have a simple shortbread crust and sweet pecan pie topping. They are a great dessert to make that is so much easier than the traditional pecan pie. This easy dessert will be the star on all the holiday dessert tables!
This recipe has a simple crust that is made fast in the food processor. The filling is just as easy made in one pot on the stove. Plus, this recipe has no corn syrup. It's made with honey and when paired with brown sugar it has flavors of caramel and butterscotch. So incredibly sweet and delicious!
Pecan Pie Bars Ingredients
- All Purpose Flour: White whole wheat flour can be used. A blend of half whole wheat and half all purpose can be used as well.
- Salted Butter: Unsalted butter can be used, I recommend adding ¼ teaspoon to the crust and the filling.
- Dark Brown Sugar: Light Brown Sugar can be used, but the dark brown adds an extra oomph of flavor that really enhances the bars.
- Honey: Dark corn syrup or light corn syrup can be used if needed.
How to Make Easy Pecan Pie Bars
- First step is to make the crust. In a food processor add the all purpose flour, sugar, salt and cold cubed butter. Pulse until it resembles course crumbs. If you don't have a food processor you can make the crust by using a pastry blender or your fingers.
- Next, dump the crumbs into a parchment lined and greased 9x13 sheet pan or baking dish, and firmly press the crumbs down into an even layer.
- Bake the crust for 20 minutes in a 350°F preheated oven.
- While the crust is baking, make the filling. Melt the butter over medium low heat in a medium sauce pan, then whisk in the dark brown sugar, honey and salt. Cook until the sugar is dissolved and tiny bubbles have started to form around the edge of the pan, but do not boil. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- After its cooled, whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract. Then stir in the chopped pecans.
- Immediately pour the filling over the hot crust and bake for 35-40 minutes until the edges and filling are set. A toothpick or butter knife inserted in the center should come out mostly clean.
- Cool the bars completely then slice and serve.
Storing Pecan Pie Bars
Storing: These delicious bars can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge or on the counter. I prefer them chilled, but they are just as good at room temp.
Freezing: These bars also freeze well! You can freeze the in a freezer safe air tight container between layers of wax paper or you can individually wrap them in plastic wrap and then place in freezer container. Don't forget to label and date.
Other Delicious Holiday Desserts:
- Cranberry Bars
- Pumpkin Pie Bundt Cake
- Apple Pie Bars
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- Easy Apple Crisp
- Homemade Pecan Pie
- Apple Crisp Pie
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Frosting
Pecan Pie Bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 sheet pan or baking dish with parchment paper and lightly grease the paper.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt and cold cubed butter to a food processor. Pulse until it resembles course crumbs. (If you have no food processor cut the butter in with a pastry blender or your fingers.)
- Dump the crumbs into the prepared pan and firmly press the crust into an even layer.
- Bake the crust for 20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, make the filling. Start by melting the butter over medium-low heat in a medium sauce pan.
- Whisk in the dark brown sugar, honey and salt. Cook until the sugar is dissolved and tiny bubble start to form around the edges, but do not boil. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla extract. Then stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour the filling into the hot crust and bake for another 35-40 minutes until the filling is set and a toothpick or butter knife comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool completely then slice and serve.