This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Zucchini Frittata is an easy breakfast, brunch or dinner. Made with eggs, zucchini, milk and cheese this recipe is delicious and will leave you satisfied. A perfect way to use up some of that excess zucchini from the garden!
My family has an obsession with egg dishes. My kids absolutely love them. I could put almost anything in a frittata and my kids would eat it, no questions asked. I love frittatas because they are so versatile. You can use any veggie you have lying around and it will be delicious. That's exactly what I did with this Zucchini Frittata recipe. I have so much zucchini from my garden right now that it's actually quite ridiculous. How does one plant produce 3 zucchinis every other day? Literally that is what is happening! I will have zucchini in my freezer until next summer for sure!
What you Need to Make Zucchini Frittata
- Shredded Zucchini
- Shredded Co-Jack Cheese
- Dried Chives
- Salt and Pepper
Can I add other vegetables or ingredients?
Yes you sure can! You can add onions, peppers, mushrooms, cooked sausage or ham. Really whatever you have, you could add. I wouldn't exceed more than 2 cups total of veggies or meat. If you add too much it will be more like a casserole rather than a frittata.
Tips for using shredded zucchini
- No need to peel the zucchini.
- If the zucchini is less than 10 inches long and slender you don't need to take out the seeds.
- Use a hand grater for small zucchinis, or use a food processor and shred a lot all at once.
- Place the shredded zucchini in a paper towel lined colander. This will help absorb some of the excess water in the zucchini.
- After measuring out how much shredded zucchini you need, place it on a paper towel or clean hand towel and squeeze out any extra water you can.
How to Make Easy Zucchini Frittata
This is a simple, and I mean super simple recipe to whip up.
First add the eggs and milk to a large bowl and whisk until smooth and somewhat frothy.
Next, stir in the zucchini, chives and some salt and pepper.
Then top it with the shredded cheese.
Bake the zucchini fritatta in a 375° oven for 35-40 minutes until the eggs are completely set and cooked through.
Let the frittata rest and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with your favorite toast and fruit! Enjoy!
I have more zucchini recipes you might like to try!
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Zucchini Brownies with Fast Frosting
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Cheesy Zucchini Biscuits
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Use up some of that zucchini and try this delicious and easy Zucchini Frittata, and let me know how much you enjoyed it in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heaping shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded Co-jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a 9 inch pie plate or 9 inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- Stir in zucchini, chives, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into greased dish.
- Top evenly with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until eggs are set and fully cooked through.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.