This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Cheesy Zucchini Biscuits are going to be the new favorite side for your comforting family meal! This easy biscuit is full of so much flavor from the added zucchini, cheese and chives. It is super simple to put together, simply mix, drop and bake! Your family will be drooling at the oven door for these tasty biscuits!
Another zucchini recipe you ask? I have so much zucchini its ridiculous! I'll be eating it until next summer! However, the good thing with zucchini is it is very freezer friendly. Shred a bunch up and freeze it in 2 cup portions. Most recipes call for 2 cups... This will make it possible for you to enjoy zucchini recipes all year long! Like these Cheesy Zucchini Biscuits or...
More Zucchini Recipes
How to make Cheesy Zucchini Muffins
If you have any other of my posts or recipes you will know that my favorite way to use zucchini is is muffins or cake! Simply because I have an insanely large sweet tooth! However, I love biscuits! I love bread for that matter. I actually love a lot of things, ultimately it is hard to beat a warm, tender and flaky biscuit with melting butter on it. Am I right or what? This biscuit recipe meets all those expectations!
What you will need:
- Baking powder
- Very COLD salted butter
- Shredded Zucchini, unpeeled
- Shredded cheese, I prefer co-jack in most of my recipes
Alright get that butter in the fridge or freezer and start preparing your kitchen and your mind for this recipe!
What to do:
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Cut the very cold butter into pea size cubes and using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour mix until it resembles course crumbs.
- Add the parsley, chives, zucchini and cheese. Stir to combine everything and work quickly so that butter don't melt on you!
- Add the milk and mix until the dough comes together.
- Using a scoop, drop the biscuits on parchment lined baking pan. I get 13 on a pan.
- Top each biscuit with some extra shredded cheese.
- Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes and the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool just a few minutes and serve warm!
Could it really get much better than this? A warm biscuit and BONUS... you are eating a vegetable too!
Check out the printable recipe below! Enjoy and tell me all about your biscuits!
Pin the recipe for later!
Cheesy Zucchini Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the flour and baking powder.
- Dice the butter into pea size cubes and using a pastry blender or your fingers combine the butter with the flour and baking powder until it resembles course crumbs. Work quickly so the butter stays cold.
- Add Parsley, Chives, Zucchini, and Cheese. Using a rubber spatula combine the ingredients.
- Add milk and stir just until the milk is incorporated.
- Using a large scoop or 2 large spoons, drop scoops onto the lined baking pan about 2 inches apart.
- Top each biscuit with about a teaspoon or so of more shredded cheese, optional.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are started to turn golden brown.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!