This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Have leftover mashed sweet potatoes? Perfect, make up some of these beauties. Even if you don't have any leftover mashed sweet potatoes, you can still make these quickly. They are very versatile, use canned sweet potatoes, fresh, leftover, whichever you prefer. They all work! Sweet Potato Pancakes are moist, flavorful and a perfect addition to your Saturday breakfast routine.
Top them with some warm maple syrup and you are in sweet, sweet potato heaven!
Make a double or triple batch and freeze the extras for an easy weekday morning breakfast!
Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 1½ cups flour, I use half unbleached all purpose flour and half white whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cooked sweet potatoes, mashed, sweetened or unsweetened is fine
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, butter and brown sugar.
- Whisk just until combined.
- Fold in sweet potatoes.
- Ladle batter onto a heated griddle.
- Cook cakes until bubbles start to form. About 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook another minute or so until golden brown.
Leave a Reply