Homemade Taco Seasoning
Homemade Taco Seasoning is one of the easiest things to make. Literally it takes only minutes and everything you need is probably already hanging out in your spice drawer. No need to buy the packets again!
To Make the Taco Seasoning:
To Make the Taco Meat:
- 1 pound meat, ground turkey, ground beef, shredded chicken, cooked and drained
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoons heaping of homemade taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- chopped Iceberg lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- shredded cheese
- sliced avocados or guacamole
- black beans, drained and rinsed if using canned
- salsa, taco sauce, hot sauce
- Tortilla chips, hard corn-shells, soft flour tortillas
For the Taco Meat:
Add taco seasoning and salt to the cooked meat.
Stir in ¾ cup water to the meat and mix well.
Heat on medium-low until boiling, turn off heat.
Make your favorite taco or taco salad with all your favorite toppings!
*For a more spicy taco seasoning you can add more cayenne pepper to your liking.
*The remaining seasoning mix will stay in the cupboard for a few months. However, if you feel you won't go through it in that amount of time you can half the recipe very easily.
Serving: 2Tablespoons | Calories: 75kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 373mg | Potassium: 431mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 4696IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 7mg
Please rate the recipe, leave a comment and tell me how much you loved it!