Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packets
Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packets are an easy breakfast to prep and have on hand for busy mornings! A basic recipe with loads of flavor varieties. Plus, these packets are simple enough for the kids to make breakfast on their own!
Servings: 10 packets
Add ½ cup quick oats to each bag.
Add 1 tablespoon brown sugar to each bag.
Add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and a pinch of salt to each bag.
Add any other flavor combinations you like.
Seal bags, add a label with instructions if desired and store in dry cool place.
To Make the Oatmeal
Add contents of bag into a large microwave safe bowl.
Add 1 cup of water or milk to the bowl. Stir it together.
Microwave for 2 minutes.
Stir and let cool a few minutes.
Optional: Drizzle with a little milk or cream.
Alternative to added flavors: Top cooked oatmeal with frozen fruit.
- Berries & Cream: Add 1 tablespoon of Freeze Dried Strawberries, Blueberries or other Berries and make oatmeal with milk.
- Apple Cinnamon: Add 1 tablespoon of Freeze Dried Apples, chopped Dehydrated Apples or Unsweetened Applesauce and an extra ½ teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Chocolate Coconut: Add 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Coconut Chips or Flakes and 1 heaping teaspoon of Mini Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter Banana: Add 1 tablespoon Powdered Peanut Butter and 1 tablespoon Dried Banana Slices
- Cinnamon Raisin: Add 1 tablespoon of Raisins and an extra ½ teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Spiced: Add a ½ teaspoon of Allspice
- Cranberry Crunch: Add 1 tablespoon of Dried Cranberries & ½ tablespoon of Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter: Add 1 tablespoon of Powdered Peanut Butter and 1 heaping teaspoon of Mini Chocolate Chips
- Pumpkin Spice: Add ½ teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice and ½ tablespoon of Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Mango Coconut: Add 1 tablespoon of chopped Dried Mango and 2 tablespoons of Unsweetened Coconut Chips or Flakes
- Banana Bread: Add 1 tablespoon Dried Banana Slices, ½ tablespoon of chopped Walnuts and an extra ½ teaspoon of Cinnamon
Serving: 1basic packet | Sodium: 392mg | Calcium: 39mg | Vitamin C: 1mg | Vitamin A: 3IU | Sugar: 12g | Fiber: 4g | Potassium: 164mg | Calories: 196kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 3g | Protein: 6g | Carbohydrates: 40g | Iron: 2mg