This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Chewy and sweet Chocolate Chunk Coconut Cookies are full of semi-sweet chunks and coconut chips, and will cure anyone's sweet tooth craving! A perfect combination cookie for chocolate and coconut lovers!
If you have been following me at all, you know I am a huge cookie lover! If you are just getting to know me, I'll fill you in. I love cookies! I love them just as much as Cookie Monster loves them! Not only do I love eating cookies, I also love to bake them! I have a cookie fetish. That is all...
How to Make Chocolate Chunk Coconut Cookies
Ingredients You Will Need
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2-¼ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
***Note: for the coconut extract I use Watkin's brand. You can find it at Menards, Wal-mart and Amazon.
Can I freeze the cookies?
Absolutely! You can freeze the baked cookies in a freezer safe air tight container or zip top bag. You can also freeze the dough. I scoop the dough on a parchment lined pan and freeze for a couple hours. Then I place the dough in a freezer safe zip top bag. Increase the baking time by 2-3 minutes when baking the frozen cookie dough.
Let's Make Cookies!
First, gather all your ingredients. It is so much easier to bake when all your ingredients are ready. Plus, there is less room for error. Like forgetting an essential ingredient. I'm not saying I've done this, however, I am speaking from experience! Another tip to help you not forget an essential ingredient: read the recipe from start to finish before you start. Again, I am speaking from experience.
Now, cookies! Combine the butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl and cream together until light and fluffy. The longer the better! Add the extracts and eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg.
Next, add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix on low just until everything is combined. Here is another tip: make sure to fluff your flour a bit before you measure it. When it sits for periods of time it becomes packed. Fluffy flour is better for the perfect cookie texture. To fluff your flour, just scoop it and dump it a few times and then measure it out.
Finally, stir in the chocolate chunks and coconut chips. Using a medium scoop, place the cookies 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake the cookies in a 350° oven for 13-15 minutes and edges are just turning golden.
Let the cookies cool for 2 minutes on the pan and remove to a wire rack or counter to cool completely!
If you or a friend or family member is a Cookie Monster like me, you might like some of these other sweet cookie recipes!
After you bake these Chocolate Chunk Coconut Cookies for your cookie monsters, let me know how everyone loved them in the comments below! You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing!
Pin the recipe for later!
Chocolate Chunk Coconut Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the coconut and vanilla extracts. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix together just until all combined.
- Stir in chocolate chunks and coconut chips by hand.
- Using a medium scoop, place cookie dough 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until edges are just starting to turn golden.
- Let cookies cool for 2 minutes and then remove to a wire rack or counter and cool completely.