We are full swing into the grilling season! I have been trying to come up with different ways to grill pork chops since I have an entire freezer full of pork now! These Grilled Spiced Pork Chops have a sweet and spicy rub that gave this country pork some major flavor flav! Its a simple rub, with some simple spices, and a whole lot of delicious flavor.
Grilled Spiced Pork Chops
Spices you will need:
- Black Pepper
- For the sweetness: Brown Sugar
The rub for this really is simple, combine all the spices in a bowl and rub over the oiled pork chops. Done! Doesn’t get much simpler than that! What’s nice about this rub is, it is versatile. If you like more garlic, add a pinch more garlic. If you like some heat, as in spicy, add some more cayenne. I like just a touch of heat to hit the back of my throat as I eat, and these Grilled Spiced Pork Chops did just that. Are you ready to fire up your grill yet?
Keep the meal healthy and lean, and serve it with some fresh corn on the cob and a side salad! Or serve it with some of these tasty Crock Pot Baked Beans (Helpful hint: I always have some in my freezer!) Or a simple summer Tomato & Cucumber Salad. Both dishes will keep the taste of summer in your mouth and they pair well with the Grilled Spiced Pork Chops. This is a super fast weeknight meal that is sure to make your mouth and belly happy! Happy Grilling!
- 4 one inch thick pork chops (bone-in or boneless)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Pat pork chops dry with a paper towel.
- Lightly brush oil over pork chops. (A little goes a long way)
- In a small bowl combine, brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, cloves, salt and black pepper.
- Evenly rub spice mix over both sides of the pork chops.
- Heat a clean grill to medium heat.
- Grill pork chops 3-4 minutes on each side or to an internal temp of 145 degrees.
- Let rest 3-5 minutes.